What does Johannes mean?
The meaning of Johannes is "G-d is gracious".
Johannes is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Yo-hannes.
The Given Name Johannes
Embraced by many parents, the name Johannes, is one of timelessness and strength.
A special name that is sure to be loved.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Johannes Brahms, Johannes Cantacuzenus, and Johannes Comnenus.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 2,412 in baby name popularity for boys with 53 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Johannes has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Johannes Name Popularity Page.
Johannes Related Names
- Johannes Brahms ~ Musician
- Johannes Cantacuzenus ~ Byzantine Emperor John VI Cantacuzenus (1341-1354)
- Johannes Comnenus ~ Byzantine Emperor John II Comnenus (1118-1143)
- Johannes Diderik van der Waals ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1910
- Johannes Ducas Lascaris ~ Byzantine Emperor John IV Lascaris (1258-1261)
- Johannes Ducas Vatatzes ~ Byzantine Emperor John III Ducas Vatatzes (1221-1254)
- Johannes Fibiger ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1926
- Johannes Gutenberg ~ Scientist
- Johannes Kepler ~ Scientist
- Johannes Palaeologus ~ Byzantine Emperor John VIII Palaeologus (1425-1448), Byzantine Emperor John VII Palaeologus (1390), Byzantine Emperor John V Palaeologus (1341-1376; 1379-1390; 1390-1391)
- Johannes Rau ~ German President (1999-2004)
- Johannes Stark ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1919
- Johannes Tzimisces ~ Byzantine Emperor John I Tzimisces (969-976)
- Johannes Vilhelm Jensen ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1944
- Johannes Virolainen ~ Finnish Prime Minister (1964-1966)
Johannes Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.